Disclosure Policy

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3 Month Update (new pics)

Mental-Diet-Exercise! That really sums up the key to this whole weight loss thing (in that order). The issue is most of us don't get past the mental or we try them out of order. We change our diet but we don't exercise. Or we exercise and eat the same crap. All the while we haven't had that 'Ah ha' moment. We haven't dealt with what got us to the point of the excess weight. A lot of the time, it's because we don't know where to start.

When I started my journey I was soooo scared. I new that this was it! I had to do it this time. Through much prayer and fasting I made some requests to God. I literally cried my heart out, explaining to Him how I had had enough and I needed Him to really come through this time. I asked Him:
  1. To give me the drive to never give up.
  2. To not allow me to crave the things that would stop or stall my journey.
  3. To not allow me to have any side affects
  4. To reprogram my mind toward food
  5. To heal my body from all ailments that would cause me not to reach my goal.
The awesome thing is...He heard me (and pitied every groan)!!!!!! He promised me that if I tried my very best, He would bless my efforts.  He has been so faithful. He has blessed me with such a drive, that it's as if my life depended on it. The funny thing is, it does. I am healthy and my mind is renewed. I don't even desire to have the bad foods. Now don't get me wrong, I may say, "Wow I wish I could eat a burger." However the thoughts that immediately follow are, "How much would I have to workout to burn that? That grease would probably make me sick. I'll probably get a headache afterward, then I'll be tired. It is soooo not worth it."

Who is this woman? The dialogue that goes on in my mind now is so different. I am no longer satisfying my addiction, but I am taking control of my body. I am cleaning my temple and showing it who is in charge. Everyday I am re-inviting God in. It reminds me of the show 'Clean House'. Family members of the homeowners come over but they don't stay as long. It's so uncomfortable to be there but they love their family member so they still come. After the house is clean, the homeowner is so eager to show them the house. Just as I am opening doors to rooms that God never could come in because it was filled with food, with a lack of self-worth, with pity. I can hardly show Him one room, before running to the next and opening the door. I am free! I am happy! I am content in state I am in.

These past 3 months have been challenging, but if it doesn't cost you anything, is it worth anything? It cost me not so much blood, but much sweat and tears. I am happy to say that after 3 months I have lost 69.4 lbs and I give all glory to GOD!!!!! His love for me is amazing and I am overwhelmed by His grace towards me. I still have a ways to go on this journey but I know that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! Phillipians 4:13


4 comments:

  1. You look amazing!Keep it up. Surprising I do not eat alot of food that I use to eat. I don't miss it at all. With prayer exercise and self control changes do happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding!!! Work it Homie G!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so encouraged by your post. Thanks for walking this journey in the public eye and giving glory where it's due!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to everyone for your encouraging words. It's these words that get me through the hard days. I do not take it lightly that you took time out of your day to post.

    ReplyDelete