Disclosure Policy

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The First Day of the Rest of My Life!

Well folks the day is here-Surgery Day! I thought that I would have butterflies but to the contrary, I have such peace. Yesterday I was like a five year old on Christmas Eve, I wanted to hurry up and get to sleep so I could wake up. It's just so exciting! I stayed up pretty late last night getting the last minute things together for my family to be able to function without me. I'm sure I've forgot something but hubby is more than able to handle it.

I can't even explain how refreshing it is to have the support that everyone is giving. From prayers, to warm wishes, to asking if they can help out, I've really felt God's love through His people. Just think, I thought about doing this in silence. Just letting my inner circle know. I don't really know why either. There's no reason I should feel ashamed, yet I know that there are so many that do. I don't know how bariatric surgery is frowned upon by so many. Do I think it should be a last resort? Absolutely and once a person makes that decision I don't think they should feel like they are "cheating" at weight-loss. It's as if bariatric surgery is somehow a lesser form of weight loss. I don't think so. It takes the same will power and determination to stay at it.

I digress...it's about that time. Hubby and I are headed to the hospital. The procedure is from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. If you think about me during that time, pray for me. Thanks! Below I've attached some before pictures. Feel free to take your time and say 'Good-bye' to the old Syree.
 

                                                        Before-Front                                                                                    Before-Side

7 comments:

  1. Blessings on your journey. May your discovery of the renewed you be exhilarating. May all you give out be poured back during this time. Love & prayers. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here we go....let's go get 'em!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syree, I pray Gods peace and blessings over you....may the doctor's perform their assigned tasks to the best of their ability. God watch over Syree, John, their children, the nurses, and the doctors....we thank you God for the life changing event that is taking place. Lord we thank you in advance for a speedy recovery and no hurt, harm, or danger. In Jesus mighty name...Amen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same surgery last Monday. Let's stay in close touch as we make this amazing journey!

    Miss Kuhns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Syree I know this must have been a difficult decision to come to but I am proud of you for taking control of your health..if you ever need an ear, Im here for ya girl. If you ever need some encouragement, you know how to reach me...shoot for the stars and may all your dreams come true...just continue to make wise choices along the way...Much love and excitement for you.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete