Disclosure Policy

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Nieces Are Here!!!

Last Friday I drove to the Eastern Shore and picked up my 3 nieces. They will be staying with us for the next 2 weeks. Leading up to their visit there was such a buzz in the house. Everyone was anticipating the arrival of "the cousins." Admittedly, I was just as excited as the kids. I love when family gets together.

Having 6 kids instead of 3 is not as difficult as one might expect. Each child has a cousin that is really close in age, so everyone has a buddy. The oldest 2 are really motherly, so they help out a lot. What I am finding is, these little people can eat! One breakfast equals a whole box of waffles gone. My kids are really enjoying the extra help with their chores and my nieces are enjoying helping them.

Today we had a big meal where I had to pull out the extra leafs for the table. The kids excitedly set the table. We had a great dinner while discussing what everyone learned in VBS. These are the moments I live for. Making memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment