Disclosure Policy

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bye-Bye 300s!!!!

It has been 2 weeks since my surgery. This week I have been eating pureed foods. It's a little weird but doable. I still have at least 2 protein shakes a day to ensure I'm getting an adequate amount of protein. Actually eating real food has given me a little anxiety. I still haven't felt hungry yet. I know that I need to get the right amount of protein in each day, but it's hard to eat when you are not hungry. I mean, that's what got me in this situation in the first place. So I stop eating when I'm full and just sip the protein shakes throughout the day. This is also what my doctor recommended. My pouch (my new stomach) can be stretched if filled with too much.

I had my post-op appointment yesterday and everything is going well. My incisions are closed and the doctor has given me the go ahead to take it up a notch in my exercise. I have been walking everyday for 20 minutes so I will increase that to 30 minutes. I still can't do any ab or core exercises because I'm still healing on the inside. My main guidance has been to listen to my body. If I feel pain, I must stop immediately. Pretty easy. I can only lift up to 5 lbs, so no major weight lifting yet. My energy level changes everyday. Some days I feel really good and other days I feel weak and lethargic. This is my body's way of reminding me that I just had surgery. On those days, I lay in bed and really get rest. I have been diligent in listening to my body and my doctor's instructions. To that I attribute my success.

To date I have lost........drum roll please.............27.2 lbs!!!! I weigh 292.8 lbs!!!! I am beyond excited. My goal was to have lost 20 lbs by November 27th. I have passed that goal and I still have 2 weeks before my 1 month anniversary.

You don't understand how it feels to weigh under 300 lbs. The day I hit 300 lbs was a pretty bad day. It was so depressing to think that I was morbidly obese. This fat could really kill me! I had moved to the category with the "really" big people. For the first time I didn't share my weight with my husband. I had to have been in the 300s for about 6 months before I told him. So to be under 300 lbs and a nice distance from it, is so refreshing. I bought myself a little clothing today as a reward. A far cry from what I used to do. I would have gotten a like it size founder's favorite from Cold Stone in the past. That was the old Syree. "Hello" to the new me and "Bye-Bye" 300s!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are during great....listen to ur body..great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, girl! Proud of your success. I think it is strange how doctors differ on how our diets should progress. My goal is to lose a total of 40 by Christmas. Only 16 lbs to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support Shawndel!

    Ms. K-You can so do it!

    Heather-I just emailed you.

    ReplyDelete