Disclosure Policy

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Stroll Through My Mind...

One of the questions that my therapist asked me in our last session was if I regretted having the surgery. I can honestly say that I have not felt any regrets during any part of the process so far. Knowing all that I know now, I would absolutely do again.

Today I went to a support group for bariatric surgery. Oh my goodness! It was phenomenal. There were people there that hadn't had surgery, all the way to 2 years post-op. Such a wealth of information filled the room. I gleaned so much from just listening. You guys know I love to talk, so it had to be some good stuff. I definitely will be attending every group opportunity that I am physically able to attend. In this journey, you feel like you are doing a lot of explaining to people that can hardly fathom what you're going through. Having people that are right there with me, I know is going to prove to be my most valuable resource.

Well, a lot of people are asking me what is my goal weight. I don't know that I have a concrete goal weight. I definitely can't wait to get to Onederland (the 1 hundreds). But I think I'd like to be about a 14. Maybe a 12. For my height, both of those are very good sizes. The more I think about it, I really want to enter almost any store and be able to buy clothes. Having been limited to just a few stores for so long, I know that would make me happy. More importantly than weight and size though, I have other goals. Here goes a few off of my list. I'll share them periodically:
  1. I want to go to an amusement park and not have fear of whether I will fit in a ride.
  2. I would like to cross my legs comfortably. You know and the leg actually fall beside the other leg. 
  3. I'd like to wear a shirt and not have to constantly worry about pulling it down over my butt because part of it has gotten wedged between one of my rolls. Real Talk!
  4.  I'd like to go on a nice jog with my husband.
  5. I want to be a role model for my girls in health and body.
Well that's it for now. This week I am 3 weeks post-op and I weigh 294 lbs. That's a 26 lb weight loss total. Tomorrow will be my 5th consecutive day of working out. I am doing great!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you are amazing! Keep pushing and before you know it, every desire will be made reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first 2 goals are the same as mine. Two summers ago, I went. to Universal and couldn't ride the Harry Potter ride because I was too fat! I was SO mad! Not going to happen again. My weight goal is to lose 100 lbs. by next Christmas. Coming off quickly now (30 so far) but that will plateau here in a couple months.

    Way to go on exercise. Hopefully, I will be able to do more rigorous exercise next week. Been keeping up my strength with hand weights since I left the hospital but not getting enough aerobic exercise yet. Feeling more active since I switched back to full liquids on Wednesday. One day at a time!

    Rock and roll, girlie! We got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete