Disclosure Policy

Sunday, November 27, 2011

1 Month Post-Op Pics

So Thanksgiving just passed, the holiday that every new bariatric surgery patient dreads. Because I wasn't involved in the normal 3-day preparation of food, I really had a lot of time to reflect. I must say that I am most thankful for my lifestyle change. It's amazing how my life really has changed. I read so many posts on Facebook about how people couldn't wait to eat this or that. I was just excited about getting together with a lot people. On Thanksgiving morning I worked out! This is sooooooo different from my former life. I felt so good and there was no way I was wasting that on some pie.

I did well at Thanksgiving dinner. I wasn't bothered with all the food until it was time to make my plate. I started to feel so much anxiety. My neck got hot and I started sweating. I took a couple of deep breaths and proceeded on. I grabbed my dessert-sized plate and got about a forkful of the things I chose. I waited for my husband to finish making his plate so that I wouldn't go to the table alone. I don't know if I felt more anxiety over eating or the fact that my plate didn't look like all the others. I really didn't feel like explaining everything to these people I had just met. I ate about half of the food on the plate and was full. Wow. Thanksgiving just lost it's luster. I had no sweets as they are my kryptonite.

I made it. I got through my first big holiday after bariatric surgery. I didn't eat too much. I recognized my anxieties and dealt with them in a healthy manner. This journey is as much a mental one as it is a physical one. There are so many old behaviors that have to be shed and new mindsets that have to be put on. Bariatric surgery is not to be taken lightly.

Well today marks one month since I have had my surgery. To date I have lost 28 lbs and a whole lot of inches. I am very pleased with my progress so far. I am following my plan and I workout 5 times a week. These things together have been the catalysts to my success. The surgery was just the beginning. I must be intentional everyday about what I eat. I have to make a decision to workout. Well...seeing is believing...



Yayyyyy Me!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. God Bless you Sweetie. I am very proud of you. Love you still and miss you much.
    Mary Blanco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking Good! Keep up the good job and be encouraged.
    Lisha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great girl! Lucky you got to actually eat some of the yumminess of Thanksgiving. I am still on liquids, so I had chicken soup. It was VERY hard for me. I was depressed during most of the meal but remembered how thankful I was to be with family. Have my next checkup this Wednesday. Not sure my body is ready to go back to soft foods as I tried some mashed potatoes last night and got sick :( I started my walk/run program on Wednesday and doing well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. K,

    Sorry to hear that your Thanksgiving experience wasn't the best. Take it slow going back to soft foods. Remember, the liquids are making you lose weight faster. Proud of you for starting your workout program. Be careful with your energy, just being on liquids. My energy is sometimes low after a big workout. We got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great keep it up it is so worth it. Enjoy all of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Syree,
    I am so proud of you. You are doing well. I pray God will continue bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are looking great, I feel inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete